EAR LOBE REJUVENATION, FOR SAGGING EAR LOBES THAT NO LONGER HOLD EARRINGS AS THEY USED TO.
I know you are not planning to enter into the miss beautiful ear contest, but ears can often become an area that is overlooked when we are assessing our appearance. However, the ears are an area that can truly reveal one’s age. Over the many years of sun exposure and loss of collagen and elasticity in the skin of the ear lobes, which are usually where the ear piercings are located, can become wrinkled and thinned out.
What this does is weaken the piercing itself so that earrings are not held firmly in the ear and can sag down, and the support is also not there so the ear looks shriveled. This is easily improved with the use of hyaluronic acid fillers, such as restylane, juvederm or belotero. The look is completely natural, and the earrings are held up perfectly afterwards, with hardly any down time. For a patient that enjoys wearing large earrings, and has become aware of the appearance of their ears, rejuvenating has become very accessible and effective with fillers.
Important tips for the young and old!
- Never sleep with earrings. Even if this does not feel uncomfortable, it could mean 8 hours of an ear being tugged by the earring against a pillow.
- Don’t wear heavy earrings every day routinely. Save this for an important event, or limit the amount of time you wear them to few hours.
- Don’t forget your sunscreen! Photodamage is the # 1 aging factor for the ear.
- Consider applying some of your retinol cream to the lower part of the ear when you apply to your face.
- If you have an over grown scar on the ear, this may be a keloid and it can be treated with either injections or surgical removal, see your dermatologist.